Rocko’s Modern Life: Static Cling centers on Rocko and his friends as they return to earth after being lost in space for twenty-two years. While Heffer and Filburt embrace every aspect of the new time period, such as all the new technology, social media and the endless diversity of food from things like food trucks, Rocko has a much harder time adjusting to the new time period, even to the point of suffering from future shock.
Cast and Characters
- Carlos Alazraqui - Rocko, Spunky, Leon Chameleon
- Tom Kenny - Heffer Wolfe, Chuck Chameleon, Really Really Big Man
- Mr. Lawrence - Filburt, Maitre D'
- Charlie Adler - Ed & Bev Bighead, Mr. Dupette, Grandpa Wolfe, Mr. & Mrs. Fathead
- Linda Wallem - Crazy Aunt Gretchen, Dr. Hutchison
- Joe Murray - Ralph Bighead
- Jill Talley - Nosey, Schlam-O Saleswoman
- Steve Little - Cowboy
- Cosmo Serguson - Pillow Salesman
- As evidenced by the Conglom-O rocket still stuck in Rocko's house, this appears to take place some time after Future Schlock.
- Tammy the Pig, the annoying kid from Jet Scream, the Immigration Council guy from Kiss Me I'm Foreign, Mr. Noway, and Peaches make non-speaking cameos.
- The O-Store is a parody of the Apple Store.
- Buzzbucks is a parody of Starbucks Coffee, right down to the jokes about one being on every corner.
- Scoutmaster Lumpus from Murray's other series Camp Lazlo can be seen behind the Bigheads' house under the "Schlam-o" sign in the reveal shot of O-Town.
- Heffer: We're home!
- (Rocko, Heffer, Filburt and Spunky run around Rocko's front yard.)
- Filburt: Let's frolic innocently in nature!
- Rocko: Um, fellas?
- Heffer and Filburt: Yeah?
- Rocko: I don't think we're in the '90s anymore.
- Heffer: Check it out! I got the new O-Phone 8!
- Filburt: Big whoop. I got the new O-Phone 9!
- Rocko: This is a phone? Where are all the buttons?
- Heffer: Whoa! This food truck's got pizza tacos!
- Filburt: I got a wiener taco!
- Heffer: I got a taco taco, inside another taco!
- Filburt: What did you get, Rocko?
- Rocko: Food poisoning.
- Rocko: The 21st century is a very dangerous century.