|Season 1, Episode 8b|
|Air date||October 31, 1993|
|Written by|| Joe Murray|
|Directed by||Doug Lawrence|
Sucker for the Suck-O-Matic
At the Super Lot-O-Comics, Rocko reports to Mr. Dupette's office, where the manager ruthlessly fires Rocko from his job and gives him a pink slip via toilet. Without a job, Rocko can't afford to pay for food, water, electricity, or other household material. So he searches for a number of occupations, but they all prove unsuccessful for him and he finally comes to the last ad of the newspaper: Conglom-O, where Ed Bighead works at. Looking to sabotage Rocko, Ed takes him to the Product Testing department to introduce him to the variety of products seen around the room. He lets him use the Nose Master 300, the company's latest development and one of the rejected products, which strangely has no adverse effect on Rocko and only gives him different nose styles. When Ed tries it himself, his eyes get sucked in and turn into two noses. He later shows Rocko Gene Enhancing Chewing Gum. Rocko tries some and gets a tree sprouted on his head. Ed tries some as well and ends up sprouting a beehive on his head, resulting in the bees stinging him until his face swells up into a balloon. He then lets Rocko use a helmet device called Dial A-Doo, in which Rocko gets a number of hairstyles when he uses it. Ed uses it and gets a spinning wheeler. At the animal testing tard, Ed has Rocko stand in the middle of it and a bird sprays him with Mad Giraffe Repellant. Ed sends a stampede of angry giraffes at Rocko, but they dash past the wallaby and trample Ed instead. Rocko finds the sadistic toad badly injured from the trampling and Ed fires him out of pique. Rocko walks away in disappointment, until he comes across a new comic book store named Kind of A-Lot-O Comics, which is hiring. Rocko quickly gets the job and sells his first customer (who turns out to be Mr. Dupette) a stack of comics and a pack of gum (the Gene Enhancing Chewing Gum). Mr. Dupette drives away and chew some of the gum, only to stop his car when he has sprouted a beehive on his head and runs around attacked by the bees. The episode ends with the flies trapped to a spider web (from earlier after Rocko got a juicer on his head from the Dial A-Doo helmet) leaving the web in deference to the director.
- At one point, Rocko gets hired as a "specialty phone operator". This is, of course, secret code for "phone sex operator".
- In production order, this is the first appearances of Filburt, Mr. Dupette, and the Bigheads.
- This is the only episode where Mr. Dupette is shown working somewhere other than Conglom-O as well as the only time we see Ed as the boss of Conglom-O.
- Filburt: Turn the page, wash your hands. Turn the page, wash your hands. Turn the page, wash your hands. (repeat ad nauseum)
- Elf Fan: You'll never be satisfied with a mortal woman because the Elf wenches are so beautiful, you'll spend the rest of your life searching for that same beauty again. Yes.
- Nuclear Swan Fan: Wow! You're an idiot!
Note: Episodes are in broadcast order, not necessarily production order.